Fireplaces are a great way to add not just heat but also charm and elegance to your home. Contemporary fireplaces are becoming the fireplaces of choice over traditional wood burning ones for a vast majority of homeowners and they are also available with electric or gas burners.
Electric Fireplaces can be plugged into standard 120 V, used year round with or without heat and are especially suited for tight spaces like those in condominiums, apartments, single family homes or lofts. They are inexpensive to operate and easy to install as there are no ventilation requirements.
Gas Fireplaces use natural gas as burning fuel and come in three types.
* Direct vent fireplaces have a sealed combustion system that utilizes the outside air for combustion and expels the exhaust outside leaving the inside air warm and clean.
* Vent free fireplaces pull the inside air for combustion and expel the exhaust containing harmful gases such as carbon monoxide and nitric oxide. They also remove moisture inside the home that may pose a potential health risk due to the possible growth of mold and mildew.
* B vent fireplaces utilize the inside air for combustion and the buoyancy of the heated air to expel the exhaust outside. These can accentuate homes without reaching too high of a temperature, but they are not energy efficient.
Advantages of having a contemporary fireplace:
* Placement in any room: Contemporary fireplaces are Zero clearance, i.e. they are manufactured as fireboxes and are fire rated. So they can be installed practically anywhere without the fire risk of being too close to furniture or walls.
* Lower heating costs: Contemporary fireplaces can provide an elegant heating solution for the living room, bedroom, kitchen or any other area of a home and can help reduce your heating costs as well. Gas fireplaces have an added advantage of utilizing a heat zoning system. Thus one fireplace can heat two or more rooms.
* Contemporary ambience with modern styles: These fireplaces combine the ambience of real wood burning with the convenience of being easily operated by a remote control or wall switch.
* Easy on budget with long term investment. A wide range of gas fireplaces are available to accommodate any budget. Plus installing a fireplace is one of the best ways to increase the value of your house as many home buyers are looking for a fireplace when searching for a home.
If you are looking for affordable, energy efficient, clean and convenient fireplaces with the earthy feel of a traditional wood fireplace, check out Kozy Heat Fireplaces.