In some cases, it’s easy for a person to get the full settlement they need to recover financially from their injuries. This is true when they’re in a minor accident with minimal injuries and the insurance company is willing to pay for their expenses. However, in most cases a person will want to speak with personal injury attorneys in Taunton to ensure they are receiving a full settlement and the right amount of money for each of the following categories.
- Physical injuries: the person most likely ended up with physical injuries as a result of the accident. The settlement should cover medical expenses for these injuries both now and in the future. This is extremely necessary for a person who is permanently injured as a result of the accident and who will need ongoing care as a result.
- Property damage: some accidents will result in property damage as well, like a car accident. This should be covered as part of the compensation the person receives. The amount can vary significantly depending on the amount of damage and what was damaged in the accident.
- Lost wages: the person should not be responsible for their own lost wages as the victim of an accident, especially if the lost wages are for a significant amount of time while they recover. These should be covered so they don’t have to worry about taking the time they need to fully recover or worry about how they’ll pay bills if they’re permanently unable to return to work.
- Legal fees: in most cases, the legal fees will be recovered as part of the settlement so the person injured in the accident doesn’t need to worry about whether or not they can afford to hire legal representation.
- Other costs: there may be other costs as a result of the accident that can be included in the settlement as well. They might include amounts that aren’t as easily quantifiable, such as emotional damage from the accident, or smaller amounts that don’t fit in the above categories.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, personal injury attorneys in Taunton may be able to help you obtain the full amount of compensation for your injuries. They’ll use the categories above to determine how much you might be entitled to. For more information or to get help, contact the Law Office of Bruce S. Raphel, PC today.