Moving to another house can be a most fulfilling experience but also very challenging. You might have so many things to get done, you are not sure what to do next, and this can create a great deal of stress and confusion. This is the reason the best movers Durham NC has to offer, recommend using a moving checklist.
What is a Moving Checklist?
A moving checklist is a paper or computer document listing everything you need to take care of. It should include things to do before, during and after the move. This helps to keep you organized and on schedule. It can also keep you from forgetting important things.
Two Months Before Moving
It’s best to start two months ahead of time if possible, unless you are making an emergency move. In other words, don’t wait until the last minute and put these items on your list:
* Check with professional movers in Durham NC and get estimates for the job.
* Create a moving budget.
* Start a special file folder on your computer labeled “Move”.
* Check out your new city or neighborhood
* Check with your insurance agent to see what needs to be done once you are relocated. In some cases, you may have to change companies.
* Get medical and dental records together
* Check out medical facilities and doctors if you are moving very far.
* Get rid of everything you do not need
* Consider a moving sale
One Month Before Moving
* Now is the time to check into boxes and supplies for packing – if you plan to hire movers in Durham NC, you may not need very many supplies.
* Start packing up things you will not use
* Begin making change of addresses – contact utility companies, charge card companies and communications companies.
* Take the car in for service (oil change, tire rotation, etc.)
* Get rid of old paint cans, poisons, and anything containing flammable liquids.
* Drain the gas tanks on your mowers and other power equipment.
Notify the following services of your move:
* Insurance companies
* Any other local services
* One Week
* Newspaper delivery service
* Lawn service
* File a change of address with the Post Office.
* Check with your movers in Durham NC to make sure your appointment is set.
* Notify new utility companies of your move
* Notify family and friends of address change
* Fill prescriptions ahead of time
* Make sure fridge is cleaned and defrosted the day before
* Have water and snacks for your movers in Durham NC
* Make a final check of the house before leaving
Move in Checklist
* Clean house first
* Assist movers
* Check to see if utilities are turned on
After You Are Moved In
* File all moving receipts
* Check into new driver’s licenses (if you have left North Carolina)
* Make sure the kids know their new address and home phone number