When a dentist recommends Tooth Extractions in Amarillo Texas, it can be a bit scary to think about. After all, no one likes the thought of having to have a tooth, or several teeth, pulled. However, learning a bit more about the process can be beneficial and help a person understand why it is necessary. Some helpful information about tooth extractions can be found here.
Why Tooth Extractions are Necessary?
There are a number of reasons a dentist may need to extract a tooth. These reasons include:
* Trauma or severe damage to the teeth.
* Nonfunctioning or improperly positioned teeth.
* For orthodontic treatment.
* If extra teeth are present in the mouth.
* For radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
Types of Surgical Extractions
Another important bit of information to consider is what type of Tooth Extractions in Amarillo Texas will be necessary. There are two basic options a dentist may use, which include:
* Simple extractions: These are done when the teeth can be seen in the mouth. These are typically done under local anesthetic.
* Surgical extractions: This procedure involves teeth that are not able to be easily reached or seen in a person’s mouth. This can be because they broke off at the gum line or that they have not erupted. In any case, surgery will be necessary to remove them.
Getting Ready for a Tooth Extraction Procedure
Before the tooth extraction, a person’s oral surgeon or dentist will discuss the medical and dental histories with their patient and take a few x-rays of the area where the tooth is located. There are some people who will need to take antibiotics before the tooth is removed. In some cases, sedation will be necessary for the removal of a tooth, but a dentist will determine this based on the patient and the tooth or teeth that have to be removed.
Take some time to speak with a dentist to find out everything about the procedure if tooth extraction is recommended. The staff at Panhandle Dental is more than happy to answer any questions a patient may have. Patients can also Visit the Website to learn more and find out if they may need to have a tooth extraction procedure.