Even though there have been vast improvements in technology in the dental field lately, many people are still suffering from gum disease and tooth decay. Up until just a few years ago, there were only a few options to treat people with broken or missing teeth. Those are bridges and dentures, but now you have the choice of dental implants in Kamuela. Dental implants replace teeth roots. They are made of titanium screws which are fixed in place in your jawbone and can hold one or more replacement teeth.
The Many Benefits
There are many benefits that are found with the use of dental implants. These include:
- Since they are fixed in your mouth they afford you a greater degree of comfort unlike dentures that need to be removed and then replaced.
- Dentures do not always fit, and even if they do, after a while they can begin to slip causing issues with eating and chewing. This is not a problem you will ever have with implants.
- Dental implants are much better for your oral health. Having them placed will not require any of your other teeth be modified or adjusted in any way.
- The difference in your appearance can be amazing. With dental implants, they look exactly like your natural teeth and nobody will ever know the difference. All they will see is your beautiful smile.
- If you have ever known anyone wearing dentures, you may have noticed that at times their speech may have sounded slurred. Since dental implants are a permanent part of your mouth, you will never have that problem.
The dental implant procedure is typically done in three stages because you will need to heal between each of them. It is generally done under local anesthesia. The first step will include placing the implant. The second step is placing the screw to which the tooth will be attached, and the third and final step is when your new tooth or teeth are attached. If you are interested in dental implants to improve your smile, please do not hesitate to visit Brian S. Kubo, DDS, Inc. to discuss any of your questions and concerns.