When one has children, the financial ramifications of a parent’s death will be long-lasting and severe. According to research, the cost of raising a baby into adulthood can exceed a quarter of a million dollars. That’s why it is important to set up life insurance for new and expecting parents, after considering the factors below.
Costs New Parents Should Consider
When a parent dies, the financial burden on the other person is staggering. Parents should think of the following costs when a Life Insurance Company in Cleburne TX evaluates their coverage needs.
- Mortgage: It’s the main expense in most households, and a policy can provide enough funds to make timely payments.
- Child care: Parents not only provide financial support, but they do a lot of unpaid work when taking care of small children. If a primary caretaker dies, the working parent could be left with high child care bills.
- Educational expenses: Whether it costs for sports equipment, uniforms or tuition, an insurance policy can ensure that children’s school fees are covered.
- Loans and debt: Credit card debt is a significant problem for surviving spouses in some cases. By purchasing a life insurance policy, parents can leave less of a burden for their families.
- General expenses: Food, diapers and clothing still need to be bought and bills still need to be paid, regardless of a parent’s death, and life insurance provides the funds to do it.
Why Families Need Life Insurance
Policies from a Life Insurance Company in Cleburne TX can pay a lump sum to a surviving parent if the breadwinner passes away. This can often mean the difference between staying in the home and having to relocate somewhere cheaper. It may seem sensible to cover the main income generator, but there are financial implications in a stay-at-home parent’s death as well. Families should consider buying a separate policy for each parent, as a joint policy only pays out once, which can be problematic if one parent dies before the other.
Death is something no one wants to think about, but it’s something everyone must face, and parents should think of how their families will be cared for when they’re gone. A life insurance policy through Harmonins.net can ease the financial burden on the surviving parent, and it can allow parents to care for their children even after passing.